If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Monday, October 10, 2011

One of my favourites The Octagonal Twisted Easel.

This is another of my mechanical designs. And I am very proud of this one. An Octagonal Twisted Easle.


This one is a lot less complicted than it looks.
Its based on a 12 x 12 card base, and I intend it to be more of a table decoration than a card, however it does mean that you can see decoration all the way round, from wherever you are standing, and depending how high you make the Toppers, you can place a church candle in the middle, or a small bowl of sweets.


You do need 3 sheets of 12 x 12, one card base, and 2 easel sheets. If you fancy giving it a go, cut 3 octogons, 11cm measurement is the length of the longest line on the outside, ie each of my sides is 11cm long. Then using 1 as a base, cut the other 2 into 4 pieces each, removing the middle octogon shape, so you have 8 pieces to create the Twisted easels. Due to the angles it doesnt require any stoppers, as the one in front holds the one behind up. Each of the pictures I used is 11cm square. Mine is quite tall using square toppers, I did do a practice one which had rectangles, 11cm x 6.2 cm.


Please comment and let me know what you think.........

No comments: