If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

busy busy busy!!!

well thought I'd post the finished article for those following the Woww!
Clean, simple, and effective.
Black card, sprayed with silver Crafters Companion  glitter spray, the Sizzix framelits dies ( for those struggling to find these I got mine from crafting.co.uk), Stamps away Pilkington Carol Singers, a papermania Noel greeting, with Adirondack Pitch Black and a black and white polka dot bow with 3 ball headed sewing pins. And of course the obligatory glitter, I have a huge "Glitter Station" of My Craft Studios, Crystal glitter, which I use all the time!! 
 In the meantime, I have been busy, the craft room is tidied, the card stock re-arranged, and the huge pile of scraps..........., well it doesn't even fill a small tray. Hows that!!
I must admit, I was quite hard with myself, and threw some of it away, but I did do as Sue H suggested, lol, and put most of it back where it came from so 
Please note, this was actually taken with me lying back on my poor old Garden table, that is currently my work area, lol the edge of the grey baskets are right next to the edge of the table, I am really surprised I didnt break it, as its Glass!!!


On top are my coloured papers, my La Pashe collection, soon to be extinct as I have the New mega disk on order, my boxes of Barbara Grey Classroom stamps, a Giant Christmas Rossette, and my patterned card. Next shelf down are my Pearlescent card and paper, and my Mirri Board, my Design Runner, my large Hollands Pie dish, that holds my melted embossing powder for glazing, and my Big and Juicy pads.
Next shelf is the A4 and 12x12 card stock, with my Clarity card, and finally my A3 cardstock, some oversized paper for making bags with, and my patterned papers, 6x6, 8x8, and 12x12. On the bottom shelf is a couple of reams of insert paper, my light box, and my spare glues and sprays.
Hanging from the sides are the 2 loves of my life, my Tonic Guillotines. Oh and my Parchment grids. The butchers block I use for the glazing, embossing, anything to do with heat, and under it is my beloved Foil-it Machine, you can just see the back corner sticking out!
I love the foiling machine.....it is so easy to use and creates some outstanding effects which can be totally unique.


This one was created in Docrafts Digital designer. The trees and the deer/stag were silhouette images which I printed on my laser printer, then foiled in green and matt gold foil from Patsy-May. The tree shadows and hills (used with a Blitzer, a handheld air brush machine sort of thingy, but mine is a bulb that you squeeze and it propels small amounts of ink out of the pen to a masked area.) were using the Pastel Blue Promarker. The sun was the Lemon Promarker, again Blitzed.
The Flowers Holly leaves and pine cone are My Craft Studio Christmas Paper Flower Expert, with a bit of Glitter, all matted on to some Matt silver Mirri board.
Foiling is very cheap to do at home, once you have got past the initial expense of the Foil-it machine and foils. I use my inkjet printer to print the main background or picture first, then run it through my laser printer with a greeting or flourish (I have a new one, but you can pick up a cheap mono laser from ebay for silly money, a friend of mine got one for £4.99!!! And I thought I was cheap!!!). Any colour TONER from a laser printer will act as a glue when you heat it, not just black, so beware if you try to foil a lasered image! But the results and applications are amazing. I foil all my inserts, quite a few greetings, and it adds a really professional finish to the card.
Right I'm off up the M62 repeatedly for the next couple of days, so I shall probably miss the WOWW this week, but I'll try to visit everyone when I get back,


Have fun!!


xx

2 comments:

Jo said...

Beautiful black Christmas card, I love it!
Jo x

Rebecca said...

Hi, beautiful black christmas card i luv it!


luv from Rebecca xx