well those who know me best know that this is NOT my favourite topic!
But as FG has just pointed out to me on the phone..........NOT everyone does facebook, or reads the newspapers or catches the news, for one reason or another, so she suggested that I posted this to Blogger for those that have missed this like she had!
There is a spider in the UK whose bite is very poisonous Called the False Widow, and although it is mostly confined to the SOUTH of ENGLAND, it seems to be spreading north, and there are isolated cases in the North of England.
This is what it looks like:
Its bite is venomous, and can cause tingling and swelling around the bite area, and it is suggested that those who maybe allergic to it, could be killed by the bite and the amount of venom injected. How you are supposed to know if you are allergic I dont know, but apparently it has caused a couple of amputations.
If bitten, attend the nearest A&E, or your GP asap, and tell them you think it was a False Widow bite. They say DONT phone 999, but I suggest that if you are struggling to breathe or are having chest pains then phone 999, and get an ambulance.
Apparently this spider prefers being up high, so the First floor, normally bedrooms and bathrooms would be its favourite place, and it may move indoors to get out of the cold.
Right I now have to go calm down, and try to get the goosebumps OFF my skin as my hair is definitely standing up on end here! Horrible things, and yes I do have Arachnophobia, and seems my Arachnophobia is well and truly placed! So dont take the Mickey out of me for getting out of the way as fast as I can!
Keep your eyes open,