If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Monday, October 31, 2011

Productive!!

Well, I have been a busy bee today, not only did I finish off the last of the Pilkington Christmas series and post it, but I also managed some creation as well, 


Well not creation really yet, just playtime, and I quite like this little set!






This is from My Craft Studio Advanced Encylopedia, CD 4. A Lovely little Paper-crafted tea service, complete with Tea bag and sugar cubes. I adjusted the colour as I wanted a more purple design, as opposed to the Delph blue on the template, and I have used a versa mark ink pad, and clear embossing powder to create a glaze on the pottery and spoon. The sugar cubes were glittered with Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle silver, for more realism. Apologies for the picture quality, but as I have said before I really need a proper camera and tripod, as taking pictures isnt my forte.
This is going to be a gift for some one..........hint: Crafternoon!


I thought I'd also post a couple of my old commissions, which I found on my phone lol






This was a commission from  a lady at church to celebrate the 40 th priesthood anniversary of one of the old parish priests, now a Monsignor, back in June.
I used a design from Uk Scrappers, one of the free designs for the Craft Robo/ Silhouette for the filigree crosses, and embossed the top Cross with a Crafts Too embossing folder. Unfortunatley I dont have the full picture of the finished project....but I used 350gsm Pearlised Black card for the cover, 350gsm Pearlised Gold card for the liner. I embossed, then used embossing powder for the spine of the "Book" and the inside was parchment with praying hands embossed onto it.


The next one....... was very hard to do!!!!


All I had was the Name Katie, and the fact that she was 21, and the niece of our lovely parish priest!!! What to do? Couldn't do anything funny, might not be appreciated, had to be suitable........oh dear yes it caused me some problems!!!


In the end Me to You came to the rescue! Luckily I had just received the Docrafts Digital designer package, so I was able to use one of the Tatty Teddy designs, as you can see. I created the whole layers, and plaque on Docrafts Digital designer, added some Fluffy Stuff for the froth on the Champagne, and foiled the greeting on the plaque. Father Billy did have a good gwarf when he realised what the picture said!! hehehehe, who said Catholic priests don't have a sense of humour?

2 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

My goodness a whole tea set you have been busy and very creative - I take mine without xx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous creations as ever Lou. I love the teaset and I am sure "I know who" will be delighted :) I have a little something for you too as a thank you!!!!
mmmmmmmm wonder what that might be?

Hugs
Linda xxxx