If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Friday, May 18, 2012

This weeks Scrapbook Stamp Society card

Well we have now decided that we will all have set days to post for Scrapbook Stamp Society, and its blog at addicted to stamps, and today its my turn!
Here's my Version of the Amongst the Graves by Heather Valentin


I must admit I sat and thought about this one for a while, and this is my second version, the first is somewhere in the detritus of my craft room floor!
I went with a theme in mind eventually, the baddie and the goodie, although she does look rather sulky lol
Promarkers to the rescue, as per usual, March Hare is a somewhat paler, greyer skin colour, so that was used for Baddie, and almond, and blush were used for Goodie. Gold gel pen was used to highlight Goodies metal work, and silver, a colder colour for Baddies.
As I had used Yellows and blues for the characters in the image, I then had to try to draw the card together, so I alternated the two colours in the backing papers, ribbons, and gems. I distressed a 5x5" square card blank, with some antique Linen, to take the edge off it, and inside the verse reads: " For Your Birthday, what will it be? Naughty or Nice?" and the next page has a picture of a chocolate bar, and the words "Go on, be a Devil!"
Hope you like them

Hugs

Lou

2 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

STUNNING!!!!! I love the colours you have used. Loving the digi's too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

rachel said...

fab card Lou - the goodie and the baddie idea worked for me! Fabulous xx