If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Pure Pleasure

Well something purely for me!
I have been frustrated with the lack of crafting going on due to trying to re-load the flaming new drive, , and yesterday, sorry for swearing ladies, I did some tidying up in here, just putting things back after the chaos of Kids invading this little corner of heaven. And I came across a load of scraps!
So I sat there tonight, as I had finally finished the putting away, and thought, lets use those scraps for something!
I was leafing though my folders of dies, and came across one of the Ironwork Motif dies, from spellbinders. And I thought, I'll make a Cross with that!
As its nearly First Holy Communion Time in the Catholic Church, it had to be a First Holy Communion Card.


 I have had to adjust the brightness on these two photos, and the reason can be seen below!!
This is the actual colour, but it is reflecting a bit, so its a bit bright and hard to see the details.
3 Ironwork motif die cuts, on white Pearlised paper layered to form a cross. Cream Pearlised card, scored at .5mm intervals, for the host. Gold Mirri textured card stock, for the backing matt, more Pearlised cream card stock.
a Piece of scrap that was a 12x12" gold embossed paper, punched with a Martha Stewart punch. Some yellow card stock, and some red Card stock.

The Verse is a bible verse, and was printed in MCS using a nested shape, and flourish downloaded from the MCS Platinum Club.

Right this is for a young man I know who will be due soon to make his First Holy Communion....




Lou

1 comment:

Hettie said...

What a lovely card for someone on such a lovely occasion.