If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

not too much more I promise!!

Nearing the end, finally! Bit of over kill, possibly? But I wanted to make as much with the kit as I could, show it to its best advantage, and encourage you to combine, and think outside the box a bit!
So you cant really blame me can you now?
Okay, first thing I want to draw your attention to is actually the slight reflection you can see under the card, on the fabric of the Pashmina I photograph on. See the red, and slightly lighter area? Right above this writing?
The reason it is Photographed at this angle is so you have a chance to see the design on the Topper, instead of the reflection of the Camera Flash! And happily it has reflected down onto a completely non reflective Fabric surface. Doesnt that hint at the Brand new Foiling Technique? I dont know of any other foiled image that is completely foiled like these. It isnt Iridescent. its just foiled. It isnt Dufex!
DD came round yesterday, and she had to take a second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth look! She is still confuseled by how they managed to do it, and to be honest so am I!!
This is pre diecut, and needs nothing done to it, to make it special. But to make a card to do it Justice? Very hard work in deed!
Clean, simple, elegant, is how I decided to do this one.
A 6x6 inch square card base, a small piece of a red Backing sheet that came in the kit, the die-cut, and 8 red gems. Anything else will detract from the impact of the Topper.
So tune in tomorrow to see Steph on QVC with shows at 1,2, and 3pm! yes 3 hrs of Craft on QVC tomorrow!! yippee!!
Now if you want more, try checking back in a bit, I think there's another card left in me, maybe 2 lol, but in the meantime, check out my Teamie on this experiment, the lovely Sharon, who got the blue kit, and that is so scrummy, you can find her here.

Hugs to all, xxx

Lou

2 comments:

Di said...

My QVC card is at the ready, and I'll be glued to the TV. They look AMAZING!! You bad, bad influence :) Di xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Just gorgeous, those silhouetted trees are stunning
Lindsay xx