If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Thursday, February 09, 2012

More Debbees cards

Okay you may recall, that I won the Blog Challenge for Debbees CD's for January, you can find the latest papers and Challenge Here.
This time I used one of the CD's I already have and created these 2 cards from 2 backing papers, a stacker sheet, an Insert sheet and a topper sheet. They both measure 8x8".

The first one I took a sheet of A3 white card, and cut the backing papers diagonally. then trimmed the 2 shorter sides to 8x8". to create the front base of the 8x8" card. I used 3 strips of ribbon, one runs from corner to corner, and the other 2 cross in the bottom Left hand corner, and tied with a bow. I matted the central images diagonally from Top Left to Bottom right and added a few pearls to the centre of the Flowers. I used some Periwinkle Die Cut flowers from My Craft Studio to the Top right corner, and a touch of Yellow Glitter in the centre of each flower.
This next one I really like.  I used the Scraps from the first Card, some card stock, and a couple of small stackers from the stacker sheet. I also took the Insert sheet for this set, and added a stacker to the page Using MCS and one of the MCS punch effect tools.
I placed the insert in position first, having matted it onto some Navy Blue Pearlescent Card stock. Then scored the sides and folded over. Then I took the remnants from the backing papers, and marked the angles down the front of each side, and trimmed the card. I matted the papers onto some more Pearlescent Navy Blue card, and then mounted the panels onto the fronts of the Card. I still had a couple of bits left over, triangular in shape, so I trimmed and matted those onto the fronts, making sure that I swapped the 2 papers over to create a contrast, leaving the longest line unglued. I then took the 2 smallest stacker images, and cut them out, before mounting onto white and blue card, to create tags, I added contrasting ribbon, to each and inserted the tags into the pockets.

Hope you liked them as well,


xx

Lou


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful card!
This must have taken you a while
xxxxxxxxxxxxx Amelia (mimi)

Linda Simpson said...

Another stunner of a card Lou!!! I love this very much.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

just beautiful cards and a lovely shade of blue hugs sassyx