If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Friday, February 10, 2012

Blog post part 3 Flitter 1

See told you I had a lot to blog didnt I?

Okay this post is about...........Flitter!!
Some of my WOYWW visitors have been asking what Flitter is. My Response..........WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? You have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE MISSING!!!!

This stuff is heaven in a little pot! And brings added variety to your stamps, you can get it Here, and you REALLY NEED this, seriously its a NEED, not a want, its a necessity!!
Here is a card, my first made with Flitter........
I used the Stamps, and Papers from the Portabello Rd collection by Papermania.
This is a 5x5 base card, covered with one of the 6x6 papers. Then I took the very detailed stamp of St Mary Le Bows (The Tower that Houses Big Ben, and the Bow Bells, that you have to be born within hearing distance of to be a Cockney), and used the Flitter Glue on it.
I was rather apprehensive...would it work, how long did it take, what sort of card to put it on, etc. so a quick light press down on the stamp, and whisk it away for cleaning. Then I came back, and applied the foil flakes.
This was the result........
Its about 3 inches high, and incredibly detailed, and I think you can see how well the glue worked.................The numerals on the clock face are so small you really cant see them clearly with the naked eye,  I had to get a magnifying glass out, to see how well the Flitter coped. Its perfect!!
So of course I had to try it out on a couple of other stamps..... The Bus and the Phone box.
But I couldnt decide if I could colour the images, or wether it would detract from the image?
























So FG suggested re-stamping half the bus on a separate piece of card, and then laying it over the original image once it was coloured in. Then we both agreed its better to leave it plain and let the Flitter speak for itself!
So now I am routing out stamps and ready to go, need some more gilding Flakes I think!! oh and another Tub of Flitter!


xxx

Lou

No comments: