If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Paper Crafting Journey DT card

Well its that time of the week! Another challenge from Paper Crafting Journey! And the Sponsor this week, Is.........
Elizabeth Bell . Elizabeth is an Internationally recognized Illustrator, specializing in Children's images , and did I pick a wonderful image to play with this week.
Okay just lately it has been a bit hard, especially as my hard drive crashed with all my artwork on it, so getting things done was a nightmare, I'm still not up to sped, but, I am getting there! S L O W L Y !
As soon as I saw this little chap I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and for me this is a proper amalgamation of traditional and contemporary card making, so lets see if you can guess exactly what happened:

Come on! List what I used!


















Figured it out yet?

Stamps, Crafters Companions Adorable winter Range, the Tree from Waiting, the Bannister from Sharing, Bell Horses Lil Cowboy, were the stamps, an amalgamation of rubber and digital stamps! I knew it was going to work the second I saw the image!
so Inks, Ink it up Kelly Green, and Dovecrafts Cocoa Brown, with clear embossing powder.
Promarkers for Lil Cowboy
Aqua markers and Whispers pens for the Stairs and tree.
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink for the distressing, der!
a piece of First Edition Papers, Festive Treats.
Some Navy organza Ribbon, the bow was crinkled using a heat gun.
Oh and a Gold star gem for the top of the tree!
Actually it does look miles different in real life, I think all the goings on have confused the camera a little, as the Lil Cowboy is much more prominent than this photo suggests!
Hope you like it, I do as for me that's what this crafting business is about, bringing everything together, and working with it all, not just splitting it into sections, and not allowing them to mix.
Now pop over to the Challenge Site see what my Teamies have been up to, there's some yummy stuff going on, and have a go yourself. The theme this fortnight is Vintage...............

enjoy,

Lou
xxx

1 comment:

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So sweet, love it
Lindsay xx