If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Friday, December 09, 2011

Cards for my crafty friends.

Well another post, these are all the same design, as I do believe that this is unique to me........






Paying attention? Then I'll begin.........
its a quadruple twisted easel card, measuring 8x8 inches. And I do believe no one else has come up with this, but its really easy to do, and I'll soon set up a new page for my own design creations on this blog, so keep your eyes open.........
This one was done using K&Co Glittered letters, Some Papermania Christmas Henbury Lane  papers, Berry Merry Christmas 6x6 papers by Jennifer Ellory, and some paper from my stash, which is years old, but I think its again a papermania one.
I folded the Berry Merry papers using Mel Heatons paper Fold technique, inserted and glued the Papermania Henbury lane inside, and matted it onto some red textured card, followed by some holographic Mirri card which I bought quite a while ago at one of the Manchester Craft shows, this was way before it became popular and I got loads of packs of it for a pound.
The base was prepared using the old Papermania 12x12, and then scored at 4 inches, and again diagonally, to create the twisted easel. The bases were then stuck on with DST, and the glittered letters glued on and some peel offs added to edge the base. There are NO stoppers on this card at all. Its all to do with the way its assembled, so it then lies flat and slips into an ordinary 8x8 envelope for posting, with no extra charge for bulky letters!! Yet it  is a dimensional card which displays pictures all the way around.






All these images and papers came from the My Craft Studio Christmas Classics Looking Out cd, I just used a bit of gold Holographic card to mount the images on. The images for the Toppers are printed on Pearlescent paper, and then Ultra fine Crystal Glitter was liberally applied.




This one is again all My Craft Studio, but this time the Walk in Winter Wonderland Cd. I printed the Fairy Baubles onto Acetate, and liberally coated the inky side with Crafters Companion Gold Spray and Sparkle to seal it, mounted the images to some white cardstock. Then on the outside of the acetate image I used a versa mark pen, and some gold Pearlescent embossing powder to edge the baubles, and some glittered Gold embossing Powder for the bauble tops.


Again MCS Winter Wishes Cd this time, printed on supersmooth Xerox 250gsm card, I got a full ream of this wonderful card for £7.99 from everycraftsapound.co.uk, a few weeks ago, and it is superb in both my inkjet and my laser printer. I actually printed the images twice, one slightly larger than the other, and then layered the smaller image on top of the larger one using DST . I also ran round the edge of each topper with a silver paint pen, to finish the edges off nicely. Then I used glitter, Crystal Accents, Fluffy Stuff, and also some mica powder in paint form to highlight various snowflakes throughout the images.


These images and paper were taken from makinghandmadecards.com, where I am a member, and this is from the Vintage Quick Christmas Cards download. I used Whispers Dual tip Markers and a water brush to colour the images, Highlighted small areas with Cosmic Shimmer Mica inks, and then used the Spellbinders Labels 22 with the Happy Cut to cut them out.
I then mounted them onto some C&C textured Gold Cardstock, and used Cosmic Shimmer, Olympic Gold Pearlescent Glue which dies dimensional, to create pearls of gold, and used Crystal Glitter to highlight areas. The the old corner chomper by We R Memory Keepers came out to play, and I used the 1/2 inch end.


This one used Crafters Companion Christmas Humphrey's Corner images and backing papers. I cut each image out using the lattice rectangles by Spellbinders, and matted them onto some Green patterned Mirri. each image has at least one area which was brightened with Cosmic Shimmer Mica inks, then Crystal Glitter, and MCS Snow was applied. The base was brightened up using the edges of some Holographic Peel offs, you know the straight bits down the sides, well "waste not, want not" as the old saying goes.


And last but not least..
Again Humphrey's Corner Christmas CD by Crafters Companion, some red printed cardstock, some holographic silver mirri card, and Cosmic Shimmer inks, and Crystal Glitter. These were cut using Sizzix circle dies, and the base was trimmed with some silver holographic peel offs and corners for interest.


Phew that took some time to write, as unbeknownst to you lot reading this, youngest had inserted himself into my crafting chair, and was making some Christmas cards..........." Mum....how do I ? Can you help.......Can you do this bit..........can you heat this?   Can I borrow your mouse mat?  


yep think you get the idea now lol. But here's one of his cards that he has just made..........
Not too bad for a nine year old, but I need to work on his stamping a bit I think!

2 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Lou, these are awesome! I do so love them all. Well done to Louis too fab card.

Yes you can put my card onto your blog!

Hugs
Linda xxxx

Di said...

Absolutely wonderful cards - I love the four way easels!! They're all gorgeous but the NOEL one really struck me - possibly as I was gawping at the screen wondering what was going on. Never seen these before! Di xx Oh, and your little helper also made a nice card :))