If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

I got Raided!

Help!! Some one stop her!!! Some woman's just raided my craft room, scoffed all my food and done a runner!!
Lol, not really, but I did get raided, luckily she bought her own bag, and didnt take bits I wouldnt let her have, lol, but she had fun playing, and I fed her well, lol.
So I expect to see loads of bits I recognise on Linda Simpsons blog in the next day or two, lol!
In the meantime, here's a card for one of the DT's I havent taken part in for a while: I have actually been quite poorly, and physically making a card was beyond me, but I now know what else is wrong, so am able to put it behind me and move on, so I am starting slowly with one team, then increase to two, then back to full strength again I hope!
So here is rather an eye catching image from the Scrapbook Stamp Society. Its one of those you keep looking at, and every time you look at it, you see a bit more. It's one I have had in my stash for some months, and it was only today, that I looked at it and thought A-ha!

The digi is called Kinnaree, a rather unusual fantasy piece, of a woman with a birds wings and legs, not quite a Griffin, but close.
To look at the image there is a lot of detail, and it would be a big piece indeed were I to colour it, so I took the cowards way out......... I printed it on Melt dust paper, which as far as I know is a product specific to My Craft Studio. The ink lies on top of the paper, and doesn't soak in when you print it, but isn't all over tacky like a photography paper.
The advantage of this is that you can then glitter and/or emboss the image with powder, and then heat gently, until the powder melts.
This image has 5 colours of melt dust powder on it, dark green, light green, and 3 shades of blue, as I was aiming at a Peacocks colouring, and was mounted on some dark green glitter cardstock.
I created a laid back central stepper card, to display the image clearly, and decorated it with some flowers from my stash, and lots of coloured gem Dragonflies.
I hope you like my first real attempt for some months at a designed card,

hugs

Lou

4 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This looks awesome hun!!! It looks fabulous close up in real life. Now that it is finished it looks STUNNING!!!

Thanks again for a fabulous day of crafting. See you soon.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Di said...

Gorgeous card Lou! So, so pretty. I did laugh about you having been 'raided', crafting together is such fun really :)

Hugs, Di xx

Delightful Designs by Katherine said...

I love this technique and have never seen or heard of this before. Lucky Linda to get to explore your craft room. Hope she didn't fill her bag too high!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Absolutely gorgeous sweetie, I love the image and the shimmery colours are gorgeous, beautifully framed with the flowers and butterflies too. Sorry to hear that you have been so unwell, I hope you feel better soon, also apologies for not getting round to comment for a while (am a little bit useless at the moment)
Lindsay xx