If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Friday, June 29, 2012

MCS post 3....................

Hmmn, Decisions decisions.................What to show you this morning?
This is a wonderful Kit! Again the Nature part of the kit is Owl based, and beautiful! And this card is all diecut for you so all you have to do is pop the bits out and put them on! From the card base itself, to the little hangers for the 3 pictures.
In my family there are 2 Teachers, my Stepmother, and my Great Aunt, so Owls are a good Stash Theme for me, as they traditionally represent wisdom and Teachers, and these Owls are cute!
It is really easy to put some lovely cards together with this kit. This one was made with the addition of one co-ordinating ribbon strip from another sheet, and all the bits from the kit sheet, but don't go throwing the empty sheets away! There's a couple of cards I made with the "Scraps" to show after!


Now to one of the cards made while banned.....
This had previously been die cut from an insert from a used Christmas card, and stuck in my bits drawer, which was one of the few things I grabbed on eviction. The die used was Spellbinders Labels 20, and I edged the diecut with a gold pen and added a bit of glitter which you cant see on this picture.
The backing paper is a floral Pabric sheet, a cross between Fabric and paper, as it has the texture of a woven fabric, but is made of paper obviously. I matted a piece of it to some gold mirri card, as it suited the theme I was aiming for, an older type of card, but with a modern twist., and mounted it on the left hand side of my Lilac Card base. the die cut insert was placed on top of a small strip of |Lilac dotted ribbon from my tub of small ribbon bits. During my eviction I did receive the fabulous Christmas flowers bundle from a previous MCS QVC show, so trimmed the bottom 2 "branches" from one of the sprigs, and managed after a bit of a struggle, to tie the remaining piece of dotted ribbon, around it and the base strip to secure it in place. I edged the card base with a gold marker pen, and then added 3 gold gems to the bottom Right just to finish it off, There's enough room left for a sentiment, if I want to put it on, but I don't know, it might upset the balance of the card.
What do you think?

Hugs

Lou, xxx

2 comments:

rachel said...

fab work Lou - the new kit looks gorgeous xx

Linda Simpson said...

These look fabulous Lou! They look like your have had a good time playing with this new kit. I can't wait to see what else you come up with :)

Hugs
Linda xxx