If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Antique................

Well that's the theme for another part of the Paper Stash Kit on Tuesdays QVC shows!
When Diane asked me to choose a part kit, I was torn between the Antique and the Owls, which are the Nature set, so she was kind enough to let me play with both.
This one is from a Shaped card kit, but not actually the right shaped topper, now I have told you you can see it cant you, lol.
So I knew what I wanted to use on these cards, but obviously I cant go too OTT with them, as they are supposed to be examples, and inspire you.
This one was the one I had to do! Out came the tin foil from a tub of coffee, My Happy Cut, and the Cuttlebug cutting and embossing Folder, with wings, pointy fingers and Keys! So once they had come out of the folder, I attacked them with my Ranger Alcohol inks, Gold, Blue, and Red. Mixed them together on the blending pad, and dabbed away until I was satisfied.
Pinflair holds it all in place, lol, good old Pinflair, its one of the few "glues" that can hold metal, and It was just a case of positioning and arranging the bits for the card to be done.
The kit is very old, almost steampunk in theme, based on old clocks, so there are some more bits to show later, well quite a few in all honesty, I got a bit carried away!
Next up is another of the cards I did while banned from the craft room:

A different colour scheme for Christmas, but I think it works!
Actually Beggars cant be choosers, I couldn't get much card stock, and grabbed all the wrong colours, lol.
So last years Pilkington Lane Christmas stamp, Stayzon Ink pad, and some acetate. I had a piece of my treasured Gold Pearlised card stock, and I am in dire need of more, but cant remember who the supplier is, and I wrapped the aceate around the back of the card, allowing it to bow out at the front. To trim simply some Black Gems that came from Poundland of all places! The card is only small, 3"x 4.5", but I do like it, something a little bit different!
Hope you will pop back later, for more sneaky Peaks of the MCS Paper Stash kit, which will be on QVC in the TSV shows on Tuesday,

xx

Lou

No comments: