If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Sunday, July 27, 2014

my favourite so far

For some reason this one sings to me, which I wouldnt have thought from the starting point, but its amazing how a design can develop.
Again, a bargain from the boys over at Kraftyhands: http://www.kraftyhandsonline.co.uk/webshop/prod_2962805-Christmas-Die-Cut-Mega-Bundle-19-Sheet-Set.html


so starting point was the main image, on a white square background. so first step, distress with old paper! get rid of so much white! then choose the card colours, I took the red from the Angels dress, and the lighter older green of the tree.
so to make it pop a bit more, I matted and layered on Black pearlised paper. the Green is embossilicious  Poinsettias sanded back on core-dinations cardstock. a few Cosmic shimmer pearl dots for the visible centres of the poinsettias
the die is cheery lynn, holly flourish, some lime organza ribbon, and an ezi-bloom from the boys over at Kraftyhands.
the word Nan was created using a mixture of Crafters companion 1 inch dies, and Cheery lynns script die, and glued to the black pearlised paper, before cutting round to create a shadow layer.
on the topper there is glitter as can be seen in the top picture, some cosmic shimmer pearlised glues for the tree baubles, and the whole reason for 2 photos, is the mica I added to the angels wing, catch it right it shines, dont and it doesnt, so it grabs the eye when it does

wow that was a long post from me!

lol

Hugs

Lou

No comments: